Lay-n-Go Kids Toy Storage Solution
When my oldest daughter turned 5 this year, my stomach churned every time she opened a new present . Each present contained an array of little pieces. My biggest nemesis are the Polly Pockets, but add Squinkies and Zoobles to this and you end up with little pieces that will end up covering every square foot of my house. I looked at my husband and said, why can’t all these toys come with their own carrying pouch? No such luck!
Then I came across Lay-n-Go and their kids toy storage mat. It’s a 5′ activity mat the kids lay out flat to play on with slightly raised edges to keep all those small toy pieces contained. I thought the concept was great so I decided to purchase one. Watch this short video about the Lay-n-Go kids toy storage system:
The most appealing about the Lay-n-go Kids Toy Storage System is that it works with the way children like to dump their toys. Bins are difficult to look through and clean up is painful. Plus, I think I’ve spent a great part of my life as a mother sorting my kids’ toys into different bins, only to find toys remixed within minutes of completing my sorting task. Sound familiar?
The Lay-n-Go mat is available in two sizes, the 5′ diameter Lay-n-Go and the 18″ Lay-n-Go lite. I prefer to have smaller ones for each of my daughter’s toy sets. The Lay-n-Go has the following construction:
- Outside fabrc is 100% denim to last for generations
- Playside fabric is 100% nylon which is comfortable to play on for hours yet provides a tough and water repellent wipeable surface
- Available with blue or pink nylon
- Four clear 7”x 6” pockets on the playside surface provide a great way to stash and organize the most valued mini-figures or extra special pieces
- Durable nylon cord and cord lock provide an easy opening and closing system which keeps toys securely inside
- A velcroed front storage pocket provides a place to stow the drawstring when closing or carrying the bag
- Wide nylon shoulder strap adds both comfort and convenience for carrying
Have you heard of these? Have you tried them? Do they work for your kids? Let me know.
You may also like to read other reviews about the Lay-n-Go kids toy storage system:
- Kids Toy Storage | Tips From Town – Organized toy storage has two major benefits: one it ensures clutter free room and second your kids learn to be responsible and organized as they can access the toys on their own and assemble it back.